CMP was excited to see the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences shortlist for Best Documentary Feature announced yesterday. The fifteen films on the list include several that CMP has screened at special events for members, and we're so proud to see them on such an illustrious list of great documentaries receiving due recognition. The full list of films being considered for Best Doc Feature is below; the Documentary Branch of the Academy will now select the five final nominees and announce that selection on January 14. Stay tuned!
DOCUMENTARY FEATURE SHORTLIST
- “Best of Enemies”
- “Cartel Land”
- “Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief”
- “He Named Me Malala"
- “Heart of a Dog” - CMP hosted a screening and after party with Laurie Anderson on October 17
- “The Hunting Ground” - CMP members attended early screenings at Sundance and CMP co-hosted a Chicago screening on March 20
- “Listen to Me Marlon”
- “The Look of Silence” - CMP members attended screening at DOC NYC
- “3 1/2 Minutes, 10 Bullets” - CMP hosted a screening and discussion with producer Carolyn Hepburn on June 16
- “We Come as Friends”
- “What Happened, Miss Simone?” - CMP members attended the premier of the film at opening night of the Sundance Film Festival
- “Where to Invade Next”
- “Winter on Fire: Ukraine’s Fight for Freedom”